Everybody Hates Jeff
(In lieu of the NEWS, we offer a blog.)

Monday, January 23, 2006

My Place in the Sun

Saw Match Point last night after having read glowing reviews here and there. Reminded me of A Place in the Sun.

For a better Woody Allen movie, my vote goes to Take the Money and Run.

When I was in 10th grade, my social studies teacher overheard me saying how I thought Four Weddings and a Funeral was garbage. She told me I wasn't mature enough to understand the movie. She was an obnoxious and generally unpleasant woman so I didn't pay much attention to her lectures, let alone her personal opinions.

Unfortunately, she was probably right.

There are a lot of "great" movies I don't get, probably because my brain refuses to accept that it's OK to be a grown-up moron. Call it immaturity if you wish. There are a ton of "great" movies I don't get because I don't have a good sense of humor nor a love of comedy. Then there are those "great" movies whose only crime is their exorbitant running length. But alas, I hate those too.

Here's my short list of 5 "great" movies I can't stand:

5. Scarface
4. The Jerk
3. Nightmare Before Christmas
2. Ghostbusters
1. Patton

And in case the world is wondering what this scribe considers cinemetic excellence, it's real simple. To quote LeVar Burton, "But you don't have to take my word for it!" Check it out here.